Vision, Aims and Values
Wyke Primary School’s Vision, Aims and Values
Our Vision for the children at Wyke Primary School is to leave our care with a life-long love of learning, a curious and enquiring mind, resilience, integrity and a self-belief which gives them the confidence to embrace challenge.
We aim to:
• Provide an inspiring, broad, balanced and creative curriculum that motivates and develops an enthusiasm for learning, promoting the strengths of all.
• Cater to the needs of the whole child: physically, emotionally, socially, intellectually, creatively and spiritually.
• Celebrate and acknowledge the importance of positive partnerships with parents, families and the wider community and build meaningful relationships locally and globally.
• Foster respect for all through a nurturing and safe school community where everyone is valued, happy and works collaboratively.
• Empower all children to take responsibility for, and ownership of, their own learning and development.
• Encourage all children to have high expectations of themselves both personally and academically allowing them to explore all possibilities and ambitions.
• Celebrate cultural diversity; to have respect and tolerance for the individuality of all and to educate the school community against all forms of prejudice and discrimination.
• Demonstrate trustful relationships between staff and the wider community, empowering and enabling them to seek the support and encouragement of colleagues, professionally and personally.
At Wyke Primary School integrity and a good moral framework are at the core of our community. Our agreed values are a focus throughout the school.
January – Kind
February – Proud
March – Positive
April – Patient
May – Resilient
June – Respectful
July – Courageous
September – Responsible
October – Considerate
November – Confident
December – Honest
How Wyke Primary School Promotes ‘British Values’
The Government set out its definition of ‘British Values’ in the 2015 Prevent Strategy. These values are: democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs.
At Wyke Primary School we actively promote equality, diversity and ‘British Values’ through our own school values, curriculum and enrichment activities. We also have the responsibility to challenge opinions or behaviours in our school that are contrary to what our community values.